Open for Investment
VestDeck is aiming to launch its platform in the United Kingdom, a leading market for unlisted and crowdfunded businesses, in the middle of 2019.
VestDeck has elected to raise its own funds via crowdfunding and participants will be early adopters and beneficiaries of the platform and will help enhance and test the technology. Therefore, investors in VestDeck will obtain benefits across their whole portfolio of unlisted companies as well as the potential to gain a significant return from their investment in VestDeck itself.
|Amount of funds being raised||£350k for 23.33%|
|What shares do Investors receive||Ordinary Shares|
|An Enterprise Investment Scheme company||HMRC Advanced Assurance|
Entrepreneurs need cash to finance growth, investors with capital need opportunities, marrying the two together delivers the potential for success.
So, what’s the problem?
It's the balancing of risk and reward.
The higher the risk, the higher the shareholding that investors will demand to compensate for the perceived risk. Across their portfolio, any successes must compensate for any failures and still deliver a worthwhile reward.
This can pressurise businesses to be bullish in their forecasts to attract investment. When they fall short, it becomes increasingly difficult to achieve additional funding. Hence, most businesses prefer to raise as much as they can in case of a slower path to commercial success. It can then become very tempting to spend the extra cash on less important activities and thereby increase the risk for investors.
The few successful entrepreneurs often feel they had to give up too much of their business to compensate for the profligacy of others. This is, of course, in hindsight as they were willing to agree the deal when the chance of success was still at considerable risk for investors.
The investment process can become distrustful and antagonistic, rather than a vital collaboration for success.
The VestDeck platform offers the means to balance risk and reward for businesses and investors to enhance the chance of success in a symbiotic relationship for mutual benefit.
VestDeck begins from the premise that a growth business will require multiple rounds of investment as it grows, and each new investment round should be at an increased valuation to avoid dilution for earlier investors.
The VestDeck platform enhances communication between the business and its shareholders to improve accountability and the timely raising of additional funds, regardless of where or how funds are raised.
Key benefits for Growth Companies:
- Achieve valuations that minimise dilution for existing shareholders
- Attract investors that would normally only back ‘later-stage’ investment opportunities
- Create an efficient funding process
- Harness the power of investors to drive growth
- Generate the buzz of success and build momentum for the next raise
Key benefits for Investors:
- Reduce the risk of failure or dilution
- Improve the accountability of the board of directors
- Engage with other shareholders and influence decisions
- Enjoy the buzz of regular updates on progress
- Review other investment opportunities
VestDeck’s aim is to improve trust and collaboration to reduce frustration and risk and to drive growth.
Investor or shareholder relations, the engagement between companies and those who invest in them, has been flagged globally as a key corporate asset. We believe investor relations could become one of the best methods to help growth companies access cash and ensure investors are placed on a level playing field with the companies they invest in.
The VestDeck platform will connect the following three audiences:
- Businesses - Make it easier to raise funds to ensure timely growth
- Investors - Help find good opportunities, follow progress and manage a portfolio
- Professionals - Increase the efficiency of finding and working with growth companies
Please click here to learn more about our Founding Partner opportunity for professional services firms.
- Share buy-back. One of the problems with crowdfunding is that shares are not easily traded on an exchange, so it can take many years for investors to have an opportunity to exit with a return. VestDeck recognises this issue and aims to generate sufficient cash-flow to be able to offer investors a share buy-back option at a significant premium within 3 years.
- Professional Services Partners. VestDeck aims to deliver significant partner benefits, in order to protect these benefits, our Professional Services Partners are likely to want to own shares in VestDeck.
- Trade Sale. Other companies or platforms may take the opportunity to extend their own services by purchasing VestDeck.
How to Invest
To subscribe to VestDeck Ordinary Shares you will need to complete a subscription form
VestDeck is providing information for investors that wish to participate in this opportunity and nothing on this website should be seen as a promotion to buy shares. You should also carry out your own research and seek professional advice on the merits of investing in shares.
An investment is only suitable for investors who are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of such an investment and have sufficient resources to be able to bear any losses, which may be equal to the whole amount invested.
If you decide to invest you will need to need to deliver one of the below declarations, by email or post to confirm that under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 that you are either an Everyday Investor, an Advised Investor, a High-Net-Worth Individual or a Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor.
The full contact details, to include the investor status forms will be provided with the subscription document.
VestDeck has achieved the following so far:
- Established an experienced and credible management team
- Raised initial funding from 21 experienced investors and partners
- Thoroughly analysed the market, its needs and the system specification
- Designed the user interface and developed the user experience of the platform
- Launched first growth company application and now inviting client companies to beta test
The next stage is to complete our 2019 development roadmap and launch the first phase of the platform.
Founding Partner Opportunity
If you’re a professional services firm aiming to attract new clients, it can be a challenge to persuade a business to leave its current professional relationship.
It might be easier to catch the attention of a growing company in need of your services.
So how do you get your firm in front of potential growth clients at the right time?
That’s where collaborating with VestDeck will help.
The VestDeck platform helps growth businesses to efficiently prepare for each new funding round and grow between each round.
These growth businesses need professional services guidance and advice at all stages of their new venture. Professional services might include customer acquisition, operational efficiency, financial control and marketing advice.
We are looking for trusted professional services firms to provide such services and as the client company grows, so will their demand for your services.
Need to get in touch?
27-28 Eastcastle Street
London W1W 8DH
Office: +44 (0) 20 8123 4597